Thursday, October 20, 2005

Best. Socks. Ever

I was home sick on Monday and Tuesday this week with a nasty cold. Bored, I wanted a simple knit to occupy by hands while I watched bad daytime TV. I bought this yarn several months ago at the Yarn Boutique in Toronto, but didnt have a sock pattern for this weight yarn. After talking with Jill, I cast on 48 stitches and was on my way.

sisik sockies
... mmmm quick knit sockies!

Started: Sunday, October 16, 2005
Finished: Wednesday, October 19, 2005
Yarn: Dalegarn Sisik #1031 (dark plum)
Needles: 3.25mm
Pattern: My own. Cast on 48 stitches. cuff: 2" 1x1 ribbing. Leg: 7" 5x1 ribbing. Basic heel, gusset and foot. Wedge toe.

These socks are my most comfortable to date. Considering they are running up against the Trekking socks, that's saying something. I would recommend this yarn for any first time sock knitters, thats for sure. Im already planning to knit at least one more pair out of this yarn (in red!) before the year is out.

---Kelly---
www.marmalade.ca

3 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

I love them!! Well done. :)

9:23 AM  
Blogger kelly said...

Thanks! :) I'm wearing them today and my feet are nice and cozy. Ahhh autumn in Toronto: where the temperature drops 10 degrees in a day.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Same thing happens here in Brantford. *lol* It's going down to ZERO tonight. *shudder*

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home