Friday, December 30, 2005

December/November

I felt like November and December were the final sprint points of the year. I finished my thrummed mittens in Fleece Artist Aran and Jae's Cable Toque in Lamb's Pride Bulky. The toque was easy as pie and I finished it in 2 days. Christmas Knitting was sacrificed in the making of these FO's. I love them.

The culmination of Christmas Socks. I finished the last sock on Boxing Day and they still need to be mailed to Nova Scotia but they *are* finished. The orange socks are Crusoe from Knitty it was hard to get the sizing right with the pattern but once I got going they were mindless fun. The yarn is Regia - 4 ply (I think) Canadian Colours (I don't know why Canadian).

The boy socks in Blue and Black are standard simple socks and I have *no* idea what the yarn is. The blue/green/yellow socks on the top are the Grumperina's Jaywalker pattern done loosely for my friend who hates tight socks.

All to be mailed today thank. god. I don't even think these socks will fit after the Christmas gorge fest but my stash has been BUSTED. ha!

2 Comments:

Blogger morgan said...

Love the socks. Were the thrummed mittens hard to do? I have never tried ... not that I need to .. its not like I don't have a ton of other projects and yarn, but hey, maybe next year!

12:47 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

thrumming is really easy....Lettuce KNit in toronto has a class you might want to try if you live around here.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home