Thursday, January 05, 2006

Combination Stashbusting

I have decided on my January and February stashbusters. They're sort of a combined project because I'm stashbusting the same yarn for both ... is that allowed??

January: Seamless Yoked Baby Sweater.
February: Baby blanket, knit on the bias. It will be similar to this pattern, but will be in stockinette stitch with garter edges, with the little patterned part from the Yoked Baby Sweater inserted every few rows.

Right now I'm about 75% done the baby sweater. I won't start the blanket until February, and hopefully I'll be able to get it done by the end of February. And if I have enough yarn left I will make a matching hat.

The stash I'm busting is a few balls of Bernat Softee Baby that I bought last year (August, I think) for another friend who was pregnant, but didn't get around to using it. It's been sitting in my house for 5 months now and it's time to use it up! This sweater and blanket will be for my cousin's baby (due in May).

Happy Knitting!

4 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Hi, I'm a new knit-blogger and wondered if I could join Stashbusters? Thanx!
-Katie

12:48 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

That sweater is so cute! I should make one for my friends' baby due in March!

1:42 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Katie, I think you need to contact Dani ... her blog is http://www.danimiller.com/ksc.htm

Elspeth, you should. It's a really easy knit too. They'd love it. I'm putting ducky buttons on the one I'm making. :)

9:47 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

thanks samantha! off to go send an email right now...:)

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home