Friday, January 20, 2006

January Stashbuster

Hi everyone. While I've been dutifully checking out the status of everyone's stashbusting, I've got to say I've been a really bad stashbuster. All my Christmas knitting was shiny and new. No stashbusting there. And...I'm still Christmas knitting. I know. I know. It's MID-JANUARY!

The conscience got to me yesterday (right after I ordered more yarn from elann) and I decided it's not too late for a January stashbuster. I came across this gem of a pattern while looking for a simple roll-neck raglan pattern for an infant sweater. It does involve math (ugh) but it is so well explained and so simple that its worth whipping out the calculator for.

The pattern is custom-fit for anyone in any size and with a wonderful seamless top-down construction. I came across it yesterday and am still feeling warm with excitement.

So I measured my little guy carefully, added some ease, confronted the stash and ta-da: my January stashbuster is on the needles. In fact, I'm already down to the arm-pit. This knit is flying off the needles. Bonus: I can try it on really easily as I go to get the perfect width and length.

I'm ga-ga over this pattern. Did I mention that it is free!Ah, the Internet! The yarn is really old stash. It's also unidentified which is totally okay 'cause the pattern is for any yarn and any needle size.

I really feel like I've fallen in an alternate universe...

3 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Looks like baby loves the jumper as much as you do! Cute cute photo!
Dawn

11:47 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

What a cutie patootie! Sounds like a great pattern too.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Yes! I second the cutie patootie!! Love the sweater (and the pattern of course)- it's coming along nicely!

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home